Saturday, October 6, 2007

Jeremy's Mailing Address In Iraq


GREAT NEWS!! I just received a mailing address for Jeremy in Iraq! This is not a permanent address, but is good till October 31, 2007. Neither packages nor post will be forwarded to the troops after this date. It takes 10-14 days to receive mail in Iraq. I hope to have another mailing address for him before this one expires and will notify everyone through the blog. For security reasons, I cannot publish his mailing address on the blog; however, if you e-mail me (shows@consolidated.net) , I will share it with you. Jeremy called me this morning (his evening) (nine-hours ahead of CST); he seemed to be in good spirits, but misses everyone terribly. (This picture made me realized we have the same eyes.)

FYI: To mail a letter or post card, the cost of standard postage is the same as here in the USA- $.42. The post offices have 2 box sizes for care packages to our troops for $9, up to 70 lbs. This is a great value! You would be amazed at what we can stuff in a box!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know I stopped by to check out your blog. I must say I have never seen 2 pair of eyes more beautiful than yours and your son's. I wanted you to know that I am so proud of him and the sacrifice that he has and is still making for our country. I hold him, you and your family close to my heart because of the sacrifice that each of you are having to make. You are all in my prayers. May God protect our troops and bring them home safely, and may He hold those waiting anxiously close to Him to ease their worries and lend them comfort....Amen.
~Kim Tyrney

Anonymous said...

Hello Bonnie,
Before Jesus, Jews were laying down their lives and fighting for Independence. Below is the first documented war for religious freedom celebrated every year during the Holiday of Hanukkah.
I will pray for your son and his safe and quick return.
Love, Linda Koplovitz

The Maccabees (Hebrew: מכבים or מקבים, Makabim) were a Jewish national liberation movement that fought for and won independence from Antiochus IV Epiphanes of the Hellenistic Seleucid dynasty, who was succeeded by his infant son Antiochus V Eupator. The Maccabees founded the Hasmonean royal dynasty and established Jewish independence in the Land of Israel for about one hundred years, from 164 BCE to 63 BCE. The Roman Catholic Church regarded the Holy Maccabees as martyrs in their Calendar of Saints, although this feast was suppressed in 1969.[1] The Eastern Orthodox Church continues to celebrate the Holy Maccabean Martyrs on August 1, the first day of the Dormition Fast.